Godel 2 for the Macintosh and Windows is now available for free. It is up to double the performance of the beta, includes antialiased oscillators, adds a preset sequencer, sports a more compact user interface, and fixes all known bugs.
To download, please log in. You will then be able to access the download areas for MacOS, Windows, and Live! apps from the menu, directly.
- The MacOsX version contains both 32-bit and 64-versions, and the download is ~118MB.
- The Windows 7 (32-bit) version is ~15MB.
- the Max for Live plugin requires ownership of Live! and Max for Live, and is ~300KB.
Some small additional preset files will be available. Please check back for updated documentation.
- First audio instrument built entirely in gen~, for complete internal 64-bit operation
- Custom antialiasing and 3x oversampling
- More than 150 automation parameters
- Unique antialiasing with the newest technology
- Adjustable waveform shape
- FM, sync, and FM feedback
- Graphical pitch tracking, graphical FM tracking, and wave display
- Graphical pitch tracking
- Mixed poles, variable saturation, and variable drive
- Adjustable waveform shape, and frequency
- Polyphonic spread by frequency or amplitude
Two ADSR envelopes
- Attack velocity sensitivity
- Graphical gate velocity sensitivity
- Pitch slope modulation
- Single, multiple, and repeat modes
- Six assignable polyphonic modulations with individual level control for each matrix selection
- 21 sources
- 37 destinations
- High-quality chorus
- Ping-pong tempo delay
- Efficient reverb
- Custom fast-response limiter
- Direct, stored note, and pitch transposition modes
- Multicolor display
- Notes may be stored in the preset and recalled in the same order played
- Note on/off, program change, mod wheel, pitch bend, volume, all notes off, all sounds off, and MTC start/96-clock/stop signals
- Sequences notes in the order played, with adjustable rate
- The arpeggio may either adjust to the number of notes on, or with fixed note count, allowing new notes to substitute into the arpeggio
- Hold mode allows including multiple notes with the same pitch in the arpeggio
- Notes are stored in the sequence played
- Notes are fully polyphonic with adjustable duration (notes may overlap)
- Keyboard input in direct mode may play along with the arpeggio
- Adjustable rate, syncs with external clock
- May add chord notes to directly played notes or arpeggiated notes
- Adjustable velocity response and duration for each note in the chord adds realism
- Pitch remapping to different keys with sophisticated note cache system to track note-off events even when remapping is changed while a note is on, for either direct notes, stored notes, or both
- Arpeggiated chords may have variable and intervals and patterns
- Simple way to build long song sequences with minimal effort
- Simply switches to next preset after the number of chosen bars, when enabled and clock is on
Custom voice allocator
- Optimally assigns notes for best quality when CPU resources are low, with complex note age adjustment both for note on and note-off events
Presets and preset bank management
- Loading and saving of external preset files
- Single-click recall, save, and delete of 128 programs
- Last session state restored when starting a new session
- Text comments stored with each preset
- Wide range of supported PC and Mac drivers:
- PC: MME, DirectSound, ASIO, Rewire, Live
- Mac: CoreAudio, Soundflower, Rewire, Live
- Variable audio clock rate and I/O buffer sizes
- Interrupt-level driver typically not required in new version)
- Open component design
- You may find in-depth documentation on prototypes of the design internals on this site
Really there is no installation. Unzip the archive to any location and run the executable.
Please see the article Metamusic Panel Reference.